My Shop!

Tuesday, December 21

Knitting Gene?

As discussed in an older post (Heavy Knitters)
I spoke about how I seriously don't possess the knitting gene (seems everyone else in my extended family knits but me). I tried making squares, but they turned into parallelograms. I turned to crocheting, the jury is still out on that one.

All this to say that my mom is the best, I spoke to her about wanting to make her a pair of wool longies. Described briefly what they were and next day, my mom calls and says, "I made a pair of pants for Kate". These took her 4 hours. 4 HOURS!!?? WHY did my sister get the luck? Why can't I make a simple straight stitch??? I can't even purl knit. Oh well, At least they're willing to make things for me...

FYI - I'd share a pattern for these, but my mom just "winged it". I do have a pattern in my back pocket for a similar pair and will type it up for you the minute I get a chance. In the meantime, back to Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment