I won this AppleCheeks diaper from 3 Little Monkeys on Bank Street, here in Ottawa.
I love the fit of this diaper. It is very sleek, and I didn't have to move up a size in my onesie to accommodate this diaper. We used this for our long trip (7 hours) up north over the weekend, and it sustained a 4 hour nap in the car. It was soaked - but there were no leaks. So far this is one of my favourites. Canadian made in Montreal, the AppleCheeks system is a much trimmer fit that most of the other diapers I've tested. Looks very similar to the Anne-Marie Padorie (AMP) envelope wrap diaper, although I have yet to test their version. The cover is an envelope design similar to a pocket BUT there's no need to unstuff since the inserts slip out in the wash. I HIGHLY recommend having a few of these in your stash.
I liked this one so much that I've gone out and bought 3 more. :) They come in vibrant and cheerful colours. Trial packages are available - 1 cover with 3 prefold inserts. The diaper cover retails for $20.00 CAD and the bamboo insert for $9.00 CAD, although I also use extra Fuzzibunz microfleece insert for ease of use. I'm also using one of their storage sacs and it does the job. I would however prefer canvas handles and an elasticized opening to ease over my garbage can.
- Absorbency - Great absorbency
- Fit - great fit, poofs a bit at the bum, can buy tab extenders to lengthen the lifespan of the diaper
- Leaks - 2 over the last 2 months
- Softness - bamboo is really soft
- Drying time - 2-3 hours
- Insert - a bamboo or hemp prefold that stuffs into the pocket
- Ease of Use - a little confusing for newbies, diaper is an easy toss into pail, no need to unstuff
- Style - Vibrant colours
- Retail price - a little high at $30 for a complete diaper without booster
- Insert - can twist, pocket is a little difficult to stuff
Would you like to try your own???
Sugar Baby Sweetness is currently having a $50 gift certificate giveaway on their facebook fan page. Go to http://www.facebook.com/SugarBabySweetness to enter!