My Shop!

Sunday, January 2

Diaper Liners

I've been using liners since Kate started having messy poops (the minute we switched her to formula). I didn't think I'd need liners, but someone at my baby shower bought some so I decided what the hey... she's on a poop scheduled, so I'll be able to make them last! I've used Kushies, and Bummies so far, and the bf and I are on disagreement as to which liner we prefer. You'll probably be able to tell which one I like, and why he preferred the "leave the diaper virtually mess free" version of this liner. :)

Kushies Flushable Biodegradable Diaper Liner
(WEB) (FACEBOOK)
  • clogged my parent's low-flow toilet
  • scratchy on one side and a little rough on the other
  • thick! nothing seeps through
  • Price: $9.99 CAD for 100 liners

Bummis Bio-soft Flushable Liners
(WEB) (FACEBOOK)
  • never had clogging issues
  • made of rayon, is super soft but can easily tear
  • a little thin, does leave residue on the diaper itself, but catches the clunk
  • Price $6.99 CAD for 100 small liners and $7.99 CAD for 100 large liners
Here's a tip from Bummies shared via Tidy Tushees Diaper Service (WEB) (FACEBOOK). "If you like to keep your bio-soft liners neat and tidy, there is a way to dispense them rather than removing all the packaging. You can make a small opening in the cello at the top of a pack of bioliners and pull out the innermost liner part way. After that, when you want to use one, just pull out until perforation is visible and detach. Next one is ready to go and the roll says in the wrapping." One word. GENIUS.


GroVia BioLiners (WEB) (FACEBOOK)
  • REALLY wide... and I can't figure out why... I need to tri-fold to get it to fit properly in the diaper.
  • soft - but not as soft as the Bummis
  • thick - but not as thick as the Kushies
  • catches ALL of the clunk and leaves almost no residue behind! Makes for super easy diaper cleaning!
  • Price $11.80 CAD for 200 wide liners

Now that I've tried all 3, I'm still torn between GroVia and Bummies. Now that I've tried a few different brands, Kushies is definitely my least favourite. In fact, now that I still have some left, I find it feel more like low grade sandpaper. Sorry Kate for making you sit on that! Mommy loves you!

NOTE: I did not receive any compensation for this review. These opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment