My Shop!

Sunday, August 14

Updates on my Dr. Seuss Quilt

Dear Singer Sewing machine... please let me finish my quilt. I've been ever so nice to you, why do you insist on skipping stitches? I've had you repaired 3 times and you are a mere 5 years old! Are you a lemon disguised as the greatest quilting machine ever? I'm sad that we're not getting along. You've given me years of fun and relaxation. Please tell me what I need to do to make you happy again. I really don't want to have to replace you.

Signed,
Your loving friend
I love my machine... and we've only recently been arguing.

Here's a few pics of the quilt so far! I finally finished stippling it last night. Now all I have to do is a mitered binding.

Pardon the bird... it's a good tutorial, but the bird needs to go!




I encountered a few issues - basically the tension on my machine kept going wonky, and I had to restart the stippling since it gave this effect on the back. It kind of looks like stray hairs? After looking into it, I found out that there's numerous reasons why this can happen.

This Janome forum helped me solve some of my issues and I managed to FINALLY finish my quilt... Hopefully I'll have it ready for Kate's upcoming birthday! I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for her first birthday, and since this will be a rare occasion where I get to choose what to do for her birthday, I was thinking on what else... but a Dr. Seuss themed birthday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment